Miscellaneous papers relating to Bawburgh
Typescript translation of entry in the Domesday Book relating to the lands of Count Alan at Bawburgh and Thorp in the hundred of Forehoe, extracted from the Victoria County History, Vol. 2, p. 70.
History of the church of St Mary and St Walstan, Bawburgh, manorial notes, The legend of St Walstan, memorials and heraldry, a list of vicars, etc., from T. H. Bryant, Norfolk Churches (1841). (booklet)
Typescript program of special centenary celebrations with notes on the history of Bawburgh Methodist Church, 1866-1966. (booklet)
Newscutting relating to proposed housing development on land at Bawburgh containing the seventeenth-century Slipper Chapel and Dovecot – the monuments to be preserved, but without public access. (E.E.N)
7 Feb. 1980
Printed guide to the village of Bawburgh containing notes on history, notable buildings, and present day amenities, compiled by Carol Twinch. (booklet)
Postcards of pen and ink drawings of Bawburgh Church, the Slipper House and Dovecot, Bawburgh Mill, and the Old Post Office, by Carol Twinch.
Newscutting recounting the life and death of St Walstan, the patron saint of farm workers, and his burial at Bawburgh. (E.D.P.)
14 May 1983
Color photographs of the banner of the Bawburgh Branch of the Ancient Order of Foresters.